Compiling the source code?

Sep 9, 2013 at 7:35 PM
I'm trying to compile the source code but it didn't work out.
I checked the documentation but the links there doesn't work. What to install from NuGet?
Every time I compile I get an errror of " \source code\ .nuget\ nuget.exe"

One more thing, I'm working with VS 2012 and WP8. Should this cause any problem when I try to compile the source code? And when I tried to open the Sample.PCController C# project file, I was also told that the file is not supported. What is the problem?
Coordinator
Sep 12, 2013 at 1:33 PM
Hi Laila,

I had no problem pulling the latest source and building it in Visual Studio 2012. The included Windows Phone project currently targets version 7.1 but I was able to quickly update it (you need to reinstall some of the referenced NuGet packages after that, namely the Windows Phone Toolkit, YLAD and YLOD) and it worked also targeting version 8.

What I realized and changed was that the included nuget.exe as well as some referenced packages were outdated, so I updated them and committed these changes. Maybe this will already bring some improvements (make sure to get the Dev/1.0 branch).

Regarding the Sample.PCController project, there's really nothing special about it. It's a normal Windows application using WPF, targeting .NET 4.5.

If you still run into the problems after the NuGet updates, I may be able to help you get up and running if you can provide some more information.

Good luck,
Peter
Sep 13, 2013 at 3:35 PM
Thanks a lot Peter.

I re-downloaded the source code, and pulled the packages from NuGet. Yet, I still have an error in [ PAARC.WP7\Services\Settings.cs] saying that: The type or namespace name 'Attributes' does not exist in the namespace 'YourLastOptionsDialog' And accordingly "OptionBoolean" could not be found.

What I am missing?
Sep 13, 2013 at 3:39 PM
I simply want to develop a WP app to control the mouse cursor of a windows 8 machine. How do you recommend I should start?