PAARC - Without the RC

Nov 18, 2011 at 7:40 PM

Hey Mister_Goodcat,

So like I stated through twitter, it would be super if you could somehow give more detail on how we could use your PAARC without the actual Remote controlling features. In other words a project that would basically be a chat program, server could send messages, client could send messages.

The benefit from your project would be ( like in your paarc demo ), that client and sever can auto connect, or connect through IP. Also the message handling/sending - receiving would be available with error handling.

What would you think about that?

Nov 20, 2011 at 8:52 AM

Hi Depechie, 

I will also answer to the email you sent me; In short: I think it's easy to isolate individual features, like for example the server discovery, from the project. It's not so obvious though to turn this into a full generic library for sending arbitrary messages back and forth. For example, at the moment the server implementation does not follow usual standards (e.g. connections from multiple clients simultaneously, since this doesn't make sense for a remote controlling app). 

But I agree that it's a nice idea to have a somewhat generic library on top of (the low-level) sockets that takes away some of the pesky details from devs.