PAARC for wp8

Feb 26, 2013 at 2:11 AM
How can i use PAARC library for Windows Phone 8 ? Is the same method as described in documentation?
I use Visual Studio 2012, Wp8 SDK, and
My development device is a nokia lumia 820
thanks in advance
Coordinator
Feb 27, 2013 at 5:50 PM
Hi.

I'd say that the components should continue to work as before, however there seem to be a problem with the phone client sample app and network detection at the moment. I'm quite busy at the moment, however since I recently moved to WP8 I'll also have a personal interest to fix this :). I'll keep you posted here.

-Peter
Feb 28, 2013 at 3:15 AM
Edited Feb 28, 2013 at 4:03 AM
Thanks a lot for your concern, i will be looking forward to a sample wp8 app(using PAARC library) from your side,
it would of great help for WP8 developers :)
( ow, and one thing, we're using visual studio 2012 express, so maybe no PLC support there, please provide necessary instructions as how to use the Paarc sample for wp8 without PLC support )
sorry for troubling you much :(
-Saad
Coordinator
Mar 11, 2013 at 4:16 PM
I've just analyzed the problems for some time and it seems like the broadcasting mechanism does not work anymore on Windows Phone 8. I have to put more research into this to find the issue, it may also just be a networking problem I'm not aware of currently.

Other than that the project is working fine on WP8 once you set up the environment correctly (e.g. make sure the Firewall on the remote computer does not block the communication). I've still updated the project to WP8 though and also add some more features to the samples, in particular the possibility to choose from the available IP addresses so you can bind to whatever address is required (if there are multiple). I still have some work to do, like updating the referenced libraries (there seems to be a problem with the way I use the prompt control of the Coding4Fun toolkit with the updated version of it), so it will take some more time until I upload the changes.
Mar 12, 2013 at 5:59 AM
okay :) just let us know whenever the updated sample is released :)
Sep 9, 2013 at 7:36 PM
Any news regarding WP8 support?
Coordinator
Sep 12, 2013 at 1:35 PM
Hi Laila,

I've answered in your other thread; regarding the mentioned particular changes I've done for the native Windows Phone 8 support I hope I'll be able to push them back to the repository shortly.